Current season is Season 4, which will start in the beginning of July 2021.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL JULY 7th ON DISCORD.
Introduction & Rules
Tourney To Series are tournaments organized by Shogi Harbour (Karolina Styczynska Ladies Shogi Professional). Each tournament is for players of different skill set from beginners to advanced players (as described later). Each tournament consists of 9 rounds, played at pace of one game per week. That means one season of tournament takes around 2 months to complete.
All arrangements are done through Shogi Harbour’s Discord server, so it is necessary to have registered and email-confirmed account on Discord, and to accept discord rules.
In case of any additional questions contact server owner, Shogi Harbour.
- The winners of TTJ, TTS, TTM tournaments will have a chance to play a handicap game against shogi professional Katagami Daisuke 7 dan. Those games will be featured on Shogi Harbour’s Youtube with commentary.
- The winner of TTK will receive trophy and title of KING on the server.
- Top 3 winners of TTQueen will have a chance to play a handicap games against ladies professional players. The winner will receive title of QUEEN on the server.
- Players who will play all 9 rounds in TTJ/TTS/TTM will be rewarded 81Dojo points called D-Miles.
Skill level of each tournament is:
- TTJ or Tourney To Jouzu (transl. skillful) – players below 5 kyu
- TTS or Tourney To Shodan (transl. 1 dan) – players from 5 kyu to 1 dan
- TTM or Tourney To Masters – players from 1 dan to below 5 dan
- TTK or Tourney To King – players from 5 dan and above
- TTQ or Tourney To Queen – only female players (a handicap tournament for all ratings)
Top (not current) 81dojo rating counts, excluding temporary rating set up with account creation. Other websites/real ratings can be considered – discuss details with organizer.
(In case of any questions or problems feel free contact the organizer – Shogi Harbour – using private message.)
Tournament and games:
- Tournament system for TTJ/TTS/TTM is Swiss system, 9 rounds. Winner is decided by Number of Wins and in case of draw, SOSW-1, then SOSOSW, followed by DC. TTK and TTQ system might change depending on number of players participating.
- Each round game is 15 min + 60 seconds byoyomi RATED game played on 81dojo.
- TTQueen games are NON-RATED and have additional handicap setting, according to handicap table.
- We recommend strongly to do post-game discussion: after you finish the game, have a chat with your opponent about mistakes made in the game.
- The Tourney To Series tournaments are made to popularise shogi abroad Japan. Therefore for tournaments below TTK we require non-Japanese citizenship. For TTK we allow Japanese citizenship, but only if they reside outside Japan.
- For tournaments above TTJ you must have a registered 81dojo account at least 3 months old that has non-provisional rating. Exceptions can be made if you have a history of offline play or old account on another website.
- If you have alternative accounts, input your highest rating. If have better rating on other website than 81dojo, discuss with organizer in private message about which tourney to join.
- Data given at registration (like nicknames, country, preferred days…) will be publicly visible in TTSeries timezones google sheet.
Arranging games, withdraws and cheating:
- Remember to check for any updates or discuss any issues on the official discord server. Especially if there is big red circle next to the channel – it means you have been pinged personally or as a member of tournament. Check discord often!
- Each round game is required to be played within 7 days from pairing list being updated. We expect you to schedule the game on discord within first 2-3 days. We recommend to schedule game on discord match-arrangements, so we can see your contact attempts in case of dispute, but Direct Messages are fine. If problem arise, contact the organiser and/or ask for an extension. Do not wait for the last moment, because you might lose a point for not being able to schedule before deadline.
- Game result with game record URL is to be published on channel #results-and-urls by the winner. After game is finished there is a link in 81dojo lobby. Alternatively, you can access your past games through “my page” on 81dojo.
- You can withdraw from the tournament at any point you like – just notify us. At the same time we recommend playing all the games, because more than result we want to concentrate on the aspect of regular play in competitive environment that helps you improve your shogi. And you will get D-Miles for finishing all games.
- Using any type of shogi engine during the game / any external assistance to gain unfair advantage over your opponent (so called cheating) will result in withdraw from tournament and ban from server.
Pairings and results are posted on this website under each tournament page in the main menu, with additional pings with direct links on the discord.