Current season is TTSeries3, that started on Match 2021.
Tourney To Series are tournaments organized by Shogi Harbour. Each tournament is for players of different skill set from beginners to advanced players. The winner of each tournament will have a chance to play a handicap game against shogi professional Katagami Daisuke 7 dan. Those games will be featured on Shogi Harbour’s Youtube with commentary.
Each tournament consists of 9 rounds, played at pace of one game per week. That means one season of tournament takes around 2 months to complete.
All arrangements are done through Shogi Harbour’s Discord server, so it is necessary to have registered and email-confirmed account on Discord, and to accept discord rules.
Detailed tournament rules are specified on Discord server. Pairings and results are posted on this website under each tournament page.
Skill level of each tournament is:
Players under 5 kyu qualify to Tourney To Jouzu (jouzu means skillful)
Players from 5 kyu to under 1 dan qualify to Tourney To Shodan (shodan means 1 dan)
Players from 1 dan and under 5 dan qualify to Tourney To Masters
Players from 5 dan up qualify to Tourney To King
Top (not current) 81dojo rating counts, excluding temporary rating set up with account creation. Other websites/real ratings can be considered – discuss details with organizer.
You can access current tournament pairings and results using top menu.
Finished seasons results:
TTSeries Season 2:
- Tourney To Shodan 2 – Shogi.pl link (winner: Mical)
- Tourney To Masters 1 – Challonge link (winner: Maxim)
- Tourney To Jouzu 1 – Challonge link (winner: Rhyle)
TTSeries season 1:
- Tourney To Shodan 1 – Challonge link (winners: TheLlamaLord / Shymon)
TTSeries season 2:
- TTM1 Winner vs Katagami 7 dan
- TTM1 Top Board Analysis (1st vs 2nd direct counter)
- TTS2 Winner vs Katagami 7 dan
- TTS2 Top Board Analysis (1st vs 2nd direct counter)
- TTJ1 Winner vs Katagami 7 dan
- TTJ1 Top Board Analysis (1st vs 2nd direct counter)